What is remote learning?
If school is closed, students will need to continue their education at home - we call this remote learning.
We want to minimise the impact to your child’s education and therefore we have a plan to make sure learning can continue.
How will we provide remote learning?
Most timetables will be the same as usual. There are modified Year 7 and Year 8 timetables available on their Google Classroom areas.
Advice for parents
On behalf of our teaching staff, here are a few ‘tips’ to get the best out of time at home.
- Children should maintain their routine as much as possible.
- Students should continue to follow the school timetable. They will already be familiar with this, so it should help support them during this difficult time.
- Mental and physical health is really important - if possible, children should get some fresh air and exercise.
- If you have a table/desk in a quiet spot that can be set up as a study area, this will help your child to focus.
- We would encourage you to remove distractions during study time. Removing mobile phones, tablets etc.is a good way of helping them to keep on track.
- Children can review the work they’ve done all year and make revision notes.
- Reading is vital. Please make sure your child reads approx. one book a week.
- There are lots and lots of online resources available – such as BBC Bitesize, GCSE Pod and other similar websites.